The Short & Sweet
- Who. Villa Melissa is a stately five-bedroom beachfront villa in Canggu. As one of the five exclusive Pantai Lima Estate villas, Villa Melissa is the epitome of tropical luxury and barefoot living. This stunning property is considered to be one of the best beach villas in Canggu. Villa Melissa’s modern yet laidback ambience befits only the most discerning travellers accustomed to luxury away from home and in the tropics.
- What. Villa Melissa is one of the villas that makes up the fabulous Pantai Lima Estate. The epitome of luxurious beachfront living, the Villa Melissa is considered to be one of the best beach villa in Canggu. 3 of its 5 luxurious en-suite bedrooms overlooks the ocean, a view that also greats you at the end of the long walkway of the entrance of the house as the scent of incense wafts in the air from the house temple. The villa is decorated in a tasteful blend of contemporary and antique Balinese furniture.
- Why. Walk along the long entranceway, past the two ensuite garden rooms and you will be greeted by the prize jewel of the villa – the breathtaking sea view. In addition to the three luxurious ensuite bedrooms that overlook the ocean, the living room and two sea-facing pools also take full advantage of the crashing waves and sunset views.
- Villa Melissa consists of 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet. If more rooms are needed, guests can book 5 rooms in Villa Ambra; 5 rooms in Villa Mary; 6 rooms in Villa Sound of the Sea; 6 rooms in Villa Waringin.
- Shared facilities at Pantai Lima Estate include a tennis court with night-lighting (4 tennis rackets are available to be shared among the 5 villas and each villa has its own tennis balls tube), a gym with a variety of fitness equipment, and a 250 sqm seminar room. Pantai Lima Estate comprises of five standalone luxury villas that extend to over 1.6 hectares, or 4 acres (the size of 2 football fields!).
- Living & Dining Areas: 100 sqm open-air living room with surround sound system and majestic double height ceilings with direct access to the pool and beach. Bale lounge and outdoor dining area with beach and ocean views. Beachfront Lounge Bale that can be transformed into a completely private massage pavilion. Indoor dining area with kitchen bar and rectangle dining table that can seat 12 persons. Outdoor dining area near beach with dining table that can seat 10 persons.
- Pool size: Infinity pool: 20m x 6m x 2m depth.
- Dining: Private Chef is experienced in Western, Chinese, Asian, Vegetarian and children’s dishes. Special requests can be accommodated (including special diets). All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, floating breakfast) can be arranged in advance.
- Kitchen: Refrigerator, freezer, oven, microwave, coffeemaker, blender, juicer, toaster, and BBQ.
- Entertainment: TV, DVD, and sound system in each of the 5 bedrooms, sound system in the living room.
- Other facilities: Safety deposit box and Hairdryers available inside each room; Back-up generator; Fire Extinguisher; Universal Adapter; daily turndown service, Wake up service available on request; Iron and Ironing Board available on request; Printer available at the estate’s office.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- To ensure the safety and well-being of our guests and staff, we have adapted our procedures to follow WHO guidelines and global best practices:
- Cleanliness at the villa
- Deep cleaning and sanitizing of villa prior to guest check in.
- To further ensure your safety in line with international cleanliness standards, prior to check in we will professionally disinfect hard surface areas with a spray gun to ensure all areas are duly covered. A non-toxic, medical grade spray so you can be assured of a safe and clean stay.
- Daily cleaning of common areas as well as bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Hand sanitizers are available in every villa. Face masks are provided upon check in.
- Staff will wear masks, regularly wash their hands and undergo daily temperature checks. Kitchen staff wear masks and gloves.
- Staff during cleaning will wear a mask, face shield and gloves.
- Daily temperature checking of staff and guests upon check in.
- Any guests showing signs of fever, dry cough, sore throat, shortness of breath and muscle pain will be referred to the local hospital.
- Social distancing
- Our staff observe social distancing rules and will wear gloves when serving F&B.
- Although they might be physically distant, be rest assured that we will still deliver the same warm service with a smile!
- Weddings & Events
Maximum number of guests: Small Events: 30 guests (maximum seating capacity) or 40 guests (maximum standing capacity). Large Events: 80 guests (maximum seating capacity) or 100 guests (maximum standing capacity), at least 3 Villas at Pantai Lima Estate must be booked (including Villa Mary).
Minimum Nights: 3 Nights (Normal and Shoulder Seasons); 4 Nights (High Season). Peak Season events are subject to approval. Note: For Normal/Shoulder Season, 2 nights stay may be allowed if the stay is adjacent to an existing booking. Approved event organizer must be appointed.
Event fees: USD 1,500++ (for small events of up to 40 standing guests) and IDR 6,000,000 for local community banjar fee; USD 2,500++ (for large events of up to 100 standing guests) and IDR 6,000,000 for local community banjar fee (at least 3 villas at Pantai Lima Estate must be booked, including Villa Mary). Option to host pre/post events (small gatherings of up to 30 guests held before/after the main event) is available at USD 300++ and IDR 2,500,000 for local community banjar fee.
Public events with ticket sales are not allowed at any time.
A security deposit of USD 1,500 (small events) or USD 2,000 (large events) is required upon arrival. This is used to cover cost of service or replacement in case of damage or breakage to the property during the event (pre and after) takes place. This amount is 100% refundable if there are no damages to the property. You may choose one of two options, to be provided upon arrival at the villa in cash or to provide your credit card details to us so that we may hold the security deposit on your behalf.
Guest must prearrange their own transport as there will may be no access to taxis or public transportation.
No floating stage or pool deck available at the villa.
Fireworks, paper candle lanterns or Thai wishing lanterns are not permitted.
Music curfew (sound system, DJ or live music) is allowed until 12 midnight only. A maximum of 2,000 watt (small events) or 5,000 watt (large events). Only in-house speaker allowed for pre/post events.
Villa Melissa is one of the five luxury villas of Pantai Lima Estate that can host large events and accommodates up to 80 guests, with the capacity of 54 guests staying together in all the villas. Further information can be provided upon request.
For More Information
Download the villa’s event guidelines here.
Rates include welcome drink, complimentary daily afternoon tea & coffee with biscuits (4-5pm), complimentary WiFi, one 5-seater car with driver (8 consecutive hours a day excluding petrol), fully staffed villa team with private chef service (excluding grocery cost + 15% handling fee), concierge service and daily housekeeping.
Beverage & Grocery Shopping Service (at grocery cost + 15% handling fee).
One-way or return airport transfer service is available at upon request (extra cost).
Fast Track service at the airport is available at USD 45 nett per person.
Spa services and Yoga sessions available upon request (extra cost).
Art and cultural activities, cooking lessons, wine pre-order or spa treatments are available upon request (extra cost).
Child Policy & Extra Bedding
Complimentary one baby cot and baby high chair available.
Additional baby cot is charged at USD 10 per unit per day and additional high chair is charged at USD 5 per unit per day.
Babysitting service available on request at extra cost.
Pool fences and toys available on request at extra cost.
Children under 4 years old can stay for free when sharing existing bedding with parents.
Extra bed is available at USD 35 per person per night. Only 2 additional beds are available.
Rates quoted refer to the maximum occupancy of the villa, as shown in the provided publication and invoice. The number of persons (adults and children) staying at the Property must not exceed the maximum number of sleeping places indicated in the booking confirmation and reservation voucher, unless specifically authorized in writing. Exceeding the number may invalidate any insurance policy on the Property. Entry or access to the Property may be refused or limited where the number of guests exceeds the stated requirement. No pets are allowed unless agreed in writing in advance.
Check-In & Check-Out
Check-in time: 2 PM
Check-out time: Strictly by 12 NOON
Early check-in and Late check-out may be organised and is subject to availability (extra cost may apply).
Nyepi Religious Day
Please be informed that Bali island celebrates Nyepi (Silent) Day each year on the dates below. Nyepi Day is a day of absolute silence throughout the island and it is observed from 6 AM until 6 AM the next morning. No outdoor activities are allowed and there will be no check-in and check-out from properties on 22 March 2023, 11 March 2024 and 29 March 2025.
- AMENITIES & SERVICES
- Airport Transfers Service
- BBQ Facilities
- Babysitting Service
- Beverage & Grocery Shopping Service
- Cable TV
- Car Park
- Complimentary Car & Driver (exclude petrol)
- Complimentary Welcome Drink
- Concierge Service
- Daily Afternoon Tea
- Daily Maid Service
- Gym/Fitness Facilities (Shared within the Estate)
- Laundry/Dry Cleaning Service
- Massage/Spa Treatments Service
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Private Chef Service
- Private Pool
- Private decks and courtyards
- Safety Deposit Boxes
- Sound System
- Tennis Court
- WiFi – Throughout Property